[ODFPlugtest] summary of the The Hague plug fest, commitments

Jakub Ondrusek jakub.ondrusek at comsultia.com
Thu Jun 18 09:36:03 CEST 2009

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 01:14:00 +0200
Sander Marechal <s.marechal at jejik.com> wrote:

> Florian Schießl wrote:
> > "Related talks outside the testing room":
> > What about the idea to have any kind of functionality validator which
> > checks not only the validity of a file, but also if the content makes
> > any sense and is useable?
>
> IIRC the validator from Cyclone3 does something like that. That's what
> they told me during one of the breaks.

Correct, the validator (http://opendocumentfellowship.com/validator, source
code: http://svn.cyclone3.org/trunk/frame/_addons/Ext/ODFvalidator/) checks
against the RelaxNG schema, but also the mimetype, image references, it
should check other included namespaces as well.

Bugs/feature requests welcome.

As promised we can cut it out from the CMS around it so that it works
standalone.

Perhaps if you could specify what "makes any sense" means in this content,
if it is to be decided by a computer.

Jakub