[ODFPlugtest] progress on chart and spreadsheet formulas

Hanssens Bart Bart.Hanssens at fedict.be
Fri Jul 3 19:56:19 CEST 2009

Hello Andreas

> While you didn't asked, Gnumeric has been supporting oooc: and msoxml:
> for a while. (But I haven't seen a scenario addressing this.)

Hmm, for the chart-in-spreadsheet, there was one very basic formula,
(well, multiplication...) but nothing more advanced, that's true.

The Dialogika plugin for MS-Office also support the two namespaces,
by the way, so perhaps it's time to do some real tests with real formulas.

(Perhaps the Gnumeric team could come up with a tests for statistical
formulas, arrays etc ? IIRC that's were Gnumeric really shines)

> Gnumeric seems to be able to import charts in spreadsheets as well as
> anybody. Export of some of our charts should happen by later this
> summer.

Great to hear that, I've noticed there's a new version (1.9.9) available for
download, and I'm preparing another spreadsheet scenario.

Best regards,

Bart