[ODFPlugtest] FOSDEM and ODF devroom

Juergen Schmidt Juergen.Schmidt at Sun.COM
Thu Dec 3 11:10:57 CET 2009

Hi Bart,

Hanssens Bart wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I've received confirmation from FOSDEM organizers that we do NOT have a
> dedicated ODF devroom, we have to share it with the nice OOo people.
>
> I presume there will be a "call for paper" for the OOo devroom real soon now,
exactly i send out a CFP yesterday on various OOo mailing lists. At this
time i didn't know about the fact that we will share our DevRoom with
the ODF group. But it's natural that we have some overlaps and i don't
see problem.

I would suggest that you put your proposals until December 18th on the
wiki page as well.

Regards

Juergen

####
Hi,

the OpenOffice.org project will have again a DevRoom at the FOSDEM 2010.
The conference will take place from 6-7 February 2010 in Brussels,
Belgium. Our DevRoom will be on Saturday February 6th from 1:00pm to 7:00pm.

It is up to us to organize an interesting and exciting DevRoom to
present our project and to show that OpenOffice.org offers a wide area
for developers. The DevRoom should attract potential new developers as
well as experienced ones. We should share our knowledge with others,
should organize coding or QA sessions, workshops or talks where we refer
about or highlight a special topic.

You can be part of it!

If you are interested in doing a talk, a workshop or coding/QA session
please let us know. Please submit your proposal on the wiki page
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/FOSDEM/2010/CFP until December
18th 2009.

It is not yet guaranteed that we can sponsor our speakers next year
again but it's likely that we can sponsor at least parts of the costs.
So don't hesitate and submit your proposal. We are looking forward to
receive it.

Thanks

Juergen

Additional links:
- http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Conferences/FOSDEM/2010

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH        Juergen Schmidt
Nagelsweg 55                 Technical Lead Programmability

Registered Office: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551
Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
Managing Directors: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Martin Haering