[Plugtest-org] orvieto talks

Roberto Galoppini roberto.galoppini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 22:18:12 CEST 2009

2009/10/7  <robert_weir at us.ibm.com>:
> plugtest-organisers-bounces at opendocsociety.org wrote on 10/07/2009
> 08:22:51 AM:
>>
>> I've shuffled the program again :-) Please let me know if there are any
>> objections or suggestions for improving the schedule, especially if
> there
>> are local experts or representatives that would be interested in leading
>> one of the sessions.
>>
>> So far:
>>
>> - Roberto: opening talk on day 1
>> - Louis: round-up of the results on day 1
>> - Basil: closing talk on day 1 (or was the speech meant for the OOoCon
> ?)
>>

> I think the intent was to have Basil's talk in the Plugfest.
>
> I see that Roberto's talk is given only 15 minutes.  Is this enough for
> his topic?  Could we start the conference 30 minutes earlier and give
> Roberto 30 minutes for his presentation?

15 is ok with me.

> If we are eating out in the town for lunch (as opposed to a catered lunch)
> will 60 minutes be enough?  Or do we need more time?

Going out for lunch would likely require 1h30m, but we can make it in
1h if we'll use lunch order forms, I'll check it out with local
restaurants.

>> - Someone from the bank hosting the event: opening talk on day 2

On Thu I should get a definitive answer.

>> (unless they prefer day 1)
>> - Michiel: closing talk on day 2
>>

>> Roberto: do you have an update who can do a talk on day 1 ? If I recall
>> correctly, it was mention during one of the conference calls that an
>> Italian city or local government could be presenting a use case...

I'm pushing them, likely tomorrow I should get a definitive answer on this too.

>> In addition, I'd like to have someone to do the round-up on day 2 who is
>> not "tied" to Sun/OOo/Microsoft/IBM since those vendors are already
>> actively participating :-)
>>

> Maybe you?

>> I've listed myself to do a "lessons learned" on day 2, but that spot is
>> vacant if someone else wants to do it (of course, that person should be
>> present on day 1 as well...)
>>

> Can we combine "lessons learned" with the wrap up?  Is it the same thing?
> or are you thinking of "lessons learned" in the broader sense, not just
> from this event?
>
> Another short topic that might be worth adding:
>
> 1) I could do a 30 minute session on "The end users role in
> interoperability" covering some of the ways in which a the user can make
> or break interoperability based on the way they create a document, and the
> things an implementor can do to encourage users to create
> portable/interoperable documents

cool idea!.

Best,

--